Land Reform - Ohangwena RC
DIRECTORATE OF LAND REFORM
- Implementation of Communal Land Reform Act, No 5 of 2002,
- Communal land right registration,
- Customary land rights,
- Rights of leasehold and occupational land i.e. Schools, churches, Government office in communal land as well as Communal land dispute. The act is implemented by the Ohangwena communal land board has 13 members from various institutions as per the CLRF, no 2 of 2005.
- Implementation of Agricultural Commercial Land Reform Act No 6 of 1995.
- Allocation of commercial farms for Resettlement purposes through the Ohangwena Regional Resettlement Committee.
- Resettlement farms available only once they are advertised by the Ministry of Land Reform, head office.
- All information are disseminated to all Constituency Councilors office for the community to apply.
- Management of San Group Resettlement (Ekoka, Eedobe, Oshanashiwa and Onamatadiva)
- Providing the San Community with Housing, Water infrastructure, Fencing infrastructure, Subsistence food production (ploughing services, ) Gardening
- Development of Communal Land; Small Scale Commercial Farms, 13 with leasehold, One Cooperative (Ohangululu Cooperatives).
- Provide farmers with fencing and water infrastructure as well as advisory services on rangeland management, water management and livestock marketing.